What do you do when life hands you lemons? That’s what happened to our guest when he was diagnosed with Duchenne’s Disease as a child. Hear the story of Elijah Stacy, who shares his wisdom on how to overcome adversity and become a champion against life’s challenges.
Elijah Stacy suffers from a genetic muscle wasting disease known as Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy, which took away his ability to walk at age 11. However, Elijah’s spirit remains unbridled as he is optimistic about the future and has a deep passion for business. This passion has led Elijah to starting a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization when he was 15 years of age called Destroy Duchenne.
Topics discussed in this episode:
- The devastation of Duchenne
- Finding a cure through CRISPR
- Change negativity into positive motivation
- Advice on how each of us can overcome the challenges of life
Resources mentioned in this episode:
Changing The Story Podcast with Michael Ashley & Neil Sahota:
- Visit our website: https://ctscast.com/
- Subscribe to our newsletter: https://ctscast.com/#subscribe
- Join our Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/ChangingTheStoryPodcast
- Follow our LinkedIn Page: https://www.linkedin.com/company/ctscast/
- Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ctscast/
- Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/ctscast/