Tired of short term thinking? Missing key opportunities? Hear the story of Jose Ramos, who has tapped into mindfulness to refocus business leaders on creating sustained value.
Jose is a builder who loves to turn ideas into their physical reality. He is a 2nd year Sloanie and currently doing a summer internship at Google. José majored in civil engineering at UC Irvine but realized that his passion lay at the intersection of business, psychology, and tech which led him to the world of startups. At MIT he is co-founding Mindfulness & Leadership and is focused on building a community of future business leaders that want to cultivate their own mindfulness practice. He is also the co-president of the Hispanic Business Club.
Topics discussed in this episode:
- Business needs mindfulness to more whole holistically about long term decisions
- How to be a compassionate leader
- The weird backlash from being calm, cool, and collected
- Skeptical vs cynical
- Pay the dime for the dollar’s worth of work
Resources mentioned in this episode:
Changing The Story Podcast with Michael Ashley & Neil Sahota:
- Visit our website: https://ctscast.com/
- Subscribe to our newsletter: https://ctscast.com/#subscribe
- Join our Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/ChangingTheStoryPodcast
- Follow our LinkedIn Page: https://www.linkedin.com/company/ctscast/
- Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ctscast/
- Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/ctscast/