How important is women’s health? Do we even fully understand the challenges and complexities involved? The impact is vast, and everyone is affected. Hear the story of Melissa Burton, who is shining the light on how women’s health impacts each one of us from our wallets to our hearts.
Melissa Berton is an Academy Award winning producer for Best Documentary Short (2019) and the Executive Director of the Pad Project. Melissa taught English at Oakwood Secondary School, where she inspired her students to make the film Period. End of Sentence. to raise awareness about menstrual health.
Topics discussed in this episode:
- Managing the embarrassment factor
- Openness is key for good women’s health
- Rising tide lifts all boats in education and jobs
- The Menstruation Tax (yeah, it’s real money)
Resources mentioned in this episode:
Changing The Story Podcast with Michael Ashley & Neil Sahota:
- Visit our website: https://ctscast.com/
- Subscribe to our newsletter: https://ctscast.com/#subscribe
- Join our Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/ChangingTheStoryPodcast
- Follow our LinkedIn Page: https://www.linkedin.com/company/ctscast/
- Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ctscast/
- Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/ctscast/