In a world of social media, we’re constantly trying to be a highlight reel. But does that bring success? Fulfillment? Hear the story of Ryan Foland, who illustrates being real and having experience trump everything else.
Ryan Foland is a high energy speaker, podcast host, and author who believes in simplicity and of simply being you. His 3-1-3® Method is a process whereby core brand messaging begins as three sentences, condenses into one sentence and then boils down to three words. He is often recognized for his expertise when it comes to marketing people, which is most commonly known as “personal branding.” In his book, Ditch the Act, published by McGraw-Hill, Ryan shares the art of being perfectly imperfect, and shows you how to tap into the surprising power of the real you for greater success.
Topics discussed in this episode:
- Be “real” rather than a highlight reel
- Experience, not expertise
- Experience creates who you are
- Replace “I’m Sorry” with “Thank You”
- Failure is more interesting
Resources mentioned in this episode:
Changing The Story Podcast with Michael Ashley & Neil Sahota:
- Visit our website: https://ctscast.com/
- Subscribe to our newsletter: https://ctscast.com/#subscribe
- Join our Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/ChangingTheStoryPodcast
- Follow our LinkedIn Page: https://www.linkedin.com/company/ctscast/
- Follow us on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ctscast/
- Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/ctscast/